Happy New Year!
If you made New Year’s resolutions a year ago…
- If you resolved to get as close as possible to $9 R.O.I. on every $1 you contributed to compassionate outreaches…
- If you resolved to send at least half a million pounds of practical aid to people in need…
- If you resolved to help at least 2,500 needy families face-to-face…
- If you resolved to offer a healthy lunch to more than 100 homeless and poor every single day…
Then maybe you not only fulfilled your New Year’s resolutions — maybe you EXCEEDED them.
Everyone who supported New Thing in 2018 did all of that, and more, in the former USSR.
You also had a part in all this:
- You gave “Life Starter Kits” to graduating orphans at Kobryn, Belarus.
- You provided a commercial dryer for care of hundreds of children at risk of tuberculosis in Old Borisov.
- You gave big, fluffy bath towels to speech-impaired children at Novogrudok.
- You sent disabled children and their families from Dzerzhinsk to summer camp — and to the circus
- You delivered, to children in various institutions, countless gift boxes donated by various groups in other countries.
- You provided legal and medical help to homeless folks in Minsk.
- You funded a new shower as well as cribs, mattresses, high chairs, and dining room tables and chairs for the hospital at Volozhin.
- You provided a whole year’s worth of basic medications and medical supplies for care of disabled children at Osipovichi.
- You gave inhalers and other medical equipment to workers at Uzda so they could care for immune-compromised children.
And the list goes on.
I can’t thank you enough.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
Thanks for journeying with us!